Friday, August 1, 2014

Alingatong

 ALINGATONG (STINGING NETTLE)

This plant is commonly known here in Balite Drive as "alingatong" according to the tenants here in our farm,it is extremely irritable if it is in contact with the  skin of animals especially humans.At first I was skeptic and doubtful that this plant is not dangerous,but since our teacher in Botany discussed this kind of plant,upon hearing that I'd just simply believe what our professor discussed.Being so curious I went up down the lawn and searching for some pieces of these plant,as I saw this I directly contact my middle finger to its leaf.However,it doesnt work,so I doubted again.Several minutes after the contact my middle finger irritate and I feel so itchy in my hand,so I soak it with soap.Therefore,I believe that these alingatong is totally "ITCHY".

No comments:

Post a Comment